Seneca Acceptable Use Policy
Information Technology: Acceptable Use Policy and Protocol
"It is the Policy of Seneca College that all members of the Seneca Community are responsible for obeying Provincial and Federal Laws/Regulations and College Policy concerning the use of information technology services, facilities and equipment."
A few of examples of Policy violations:
- Using Seneca email and Internet privileges to hack into other computers and/or networks.
- Using someone else’s Seneca email account for any reason or granting someone else access to your Seneca email account.
- Using Seneca email to send obscene, derogatory, harassing or abusive messages.
- Using Seneca Internet facilities to view pornographic and/or offensive materials unless it can be proven that such activity is sanctioned under academic requirements.
- Using Seneca Internet facilities to make available copyrighted material for downloading.